Sunday, March 1, 2015

Poetry Magazine



What is it?
The Poetry Foundation, publisher of Poetry magazine, is an independent literary
organization committed to a vigorous presence for poetry in our culture. It exists to discover and celebrate the best poetry and to place it before the largest possible audience. (From Poetry Foundation website.)
Costs $3.75 per month.

Review: 
I signed up for this magazine because I'd gotten an advertisement in the mail... this is the first time junk mail has actually worked in persuading me to order something. I am currently subscribed to two writing/poetry magazines, this being one of them. The other periodical I had been subscribed to for a little longer, however it only offered tips and information, no actual poetry.

I was extremely excited to receive the March edition of Poetry Magazine in the mail, and was even more excited when I look inside. Poetry on almost every page! No fluffy articles about grammar usage, just pieces of poetry I could read and enjoy.

That is the thing I like most about this magazine is that you get a small taste of everything. So many poets and pieces are included that it's initially overwhelming. I love the fact that each month you read something, someone different. If you are looking for some sort of inspiration I would recommend checking this out. Although I have only received one month of Poetry Magazine, I know it will be a favorite and that I will look forward to finding it in my mailbox every month!

*If you would like me to do individual reviews on each months issue, like this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment